Wiki save slowness

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 15:28:37 UTC 2007

Does anyone want to take some time to find out exactly whats causing out
wiki to save slow and what we can do about it?  #moin has been helpful
for me but I've got other issues I need to deal with right now.  The old
wiki is still up for those that want to test with it, you can view the
old content (and save it) by typing:

ssh -L 8080:fpserv.fedoraproject.org:80 localhost

(Assuming you're running ssh on your local box)  then just go to
http://localhost:8080/wiki/

It seems to take 30 to 50 seconds to save a page which is just
horrible.  From what I understand its because saving causes moin to
iterate over all the user accounts (currently many thousand) to see
which users are watching that page.  I've heard there are options but
I'm not sure what those options are.

If someone is interested in helping just reply and let us know.

    -Mike