Alpha Core 3 is available

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu Mar 8 16:34:59 UTC 2007

Am 2007-03-05 20:52, Oliver Falk schrieb:
> Sergey Tikhonov schrieb:
[ ... ]
>> Thanks to RedHat who accept patches for Alpha.

Hm. They do? Great. However. When core is opened for everyone, I hope
that AC folks will join the community and get (write) access to glibc,
xorg, ... If all alpha-specific things get %ifarch-ed, it shouldn't
interfere with anything.

To have all alpha specific patches in the fedora repository would be
great. Maybe RH/FI (Fedora Infrastructure) is able to add alpha-builders
  to their infrastructure!? That's why I added them CC: :-)

At least from plague I know it's possible to add passive builders to the
list. This means *we* (people who own (spare) alpha machines)) can
install machines with plague or whatever it will be named then,
available to the FI team for building.

I also guess it will not be too hard to add the idea of passive builders
to the new koji (if it hasn't been coded yet). And well. If something
doesn't build on alpha, it - of course - shouldn't break the 'normal'
cycle (i386, x86_64, ppc(?))...

For me questionable points are: Do we also want extras? Or only core?
Will Red Hat support this idea? Will Fedora Board/Fedora Infrastructure
support this idea?

Who votes? Maybe Fedora Board?

-of