Alpha Core 3 is available

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Mar 8 16:40:27 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 10:34:59 am Oliver Falk wrote:
> Am 2007-03-05 20:52, Oliver Falk schrieb:
> > Sergey Tikhonov schrieb:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> >> Thanks to RedHat who accept patches for Alpha.
>
> Hm. They do? Great. However. When core is opened for everyone, I hope
> that AC folks will join the community and get (write) access to glibc,
> xorg, ... If all alpha-specific things get %ifarch-ed, it shouldn't
> interfere with anything.
>
> To have all alpha specific patches in the fedora repository would be
> great. Maybe RH/FI (Fedora Infrastructure) is able to add alpha-builders
>   to their infrastructure!? That's why I added them CC: :-)
>
> At least from plague I know it's possible to add passive builders to the
> list. This means *we* (people who own (spare) alpha machines)) can
> install machines with plague or whatever it will be named then,
> available to the FI team for building.
>
> I also guess it will not be too hard to add the idea of passive builders
> to the new koji (if it hasn't been coded yet). And well. If something
> doesn't build on alpha, it - of course - shouldn't break the 'normal'
> cycle (i386, x86_64, ppc(?))...
>
> For me questionable points are: Do we also want extras? Or only core?
> Will Red Hat support this idea? Will Fedora Board/Fedora Infrastructure
> support this idea?
>
> Who votes? Maybe Fedora Board?

We Are planing on adding secondary Archs right now sparc and ia64 are planned
alpha if there is a team to support the arch.  that want to work with fedora.
Secondary arches will get things built automatically when built for a primary
arch.   Don't forget there is no longer a core/extras distinction.  only
fedora.

Aurora currently has core and extras for SPARC.   the idea is already out
there.  the second phase of koji will be adding secondary archs.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE