cvsl10n CVSROOT

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 18:53:08 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
>
>> For Paul, Dimitris, and others ...
>>
>> Mike and I were discussing CVS structure for cvsl10n.  These are
>> configuration choices for e.g. CVSROOT, and etc.
>>
>> Goals:
>>
>> * R/W for the po/ directory in documentation modules (/cvs/docs/.../po)
>> * Same for po/ under any merged packages (< Extras), although for the
>> most part those are projects that should have translation upstream
>> * Pull in sample content from elvis.rh.c:/usr/local/CVS
>>   - part of planning to be able to copy all content and switch
>>
>> Here is a *test* import of the existing L10N CVS -- note that this
>> content may get removed at any time, and people in the cvsl10n have
>> write access to it:
>>
>> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/?root=l10n
>>

> Sounds OK to me. What's the next plan?
>
> Some more ideas/food for thought:
>
> We could have "virtual folders" like we do on i18n.r.c: a translator does a `cvs
> co translate` there (`cvs co l10n` in our system) and receives something like:
>
>  anaconda/
>    af.po
>    am.po
>    anaconda.pot
>  apacheconf/
>    af.po
>
> Also, our TODO should somewhere include automerge: each time a new POT file is
> committed the PO files could be automatically updated (currently not supported
> at i18n.r.c but is in the TODO list there too).
>
> Finally, since we're at it, we should probably start making plans for
> http://l10n.fedoraproject.org/. A *great* example is http://l10n.gnome.org/.
> This is probably the only tool the L10N community needs (although the job can be
> done locally too). Any help from the TurboGears experienced folks in
> Infrastructure would be greatly appreciated. :)

You know more about the translations needs then I do.  Paul had also
mentioned "http://translate.sourceforge.net/" as an option.  On the one
hand I'd be fine if we wrote our own app in turbogears.  On the other
hand, I'd love to use something already out there.  Let me see what I
can do about the modules and the po files.  And just for the education
of myself and those on the list.  Can you tell us the difference between
l10n and i18n is, and how you guys do what you do, what the heck a po or
pot file is.  Just educate us in general about your needs and how
cvs.fedoraproject.org will help you accomplish them.

    -Mike