mirrormanager causes python error

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Mar 20 03:27:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:02:15AM +0100, Thomas Lenggenhager wrote:

> For the Country field, some guidance would be helpful. Full English
> Name, two letter ISO code or what to use?

Good question.  I was originally intending it to be a 2-letter ISO
country code, but the list on the (now defunct) fedora.redhat.com has pretty country
names.  I'm open on this - nothing's using it yet except the public
list.  I had also intended this to be just an override from what GeoIP
reports - e.g. if GeoIP gets it wrong, here's how to fix it locally.

> In addition to allowed countries you could also add something like
> world-region or continent to group the entries, when the list grows.
> Africa, Asia - Pacific, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America.

Can I get that from GeoIP already?  If so, I'd prefer to do that.

> Otherwise, the interface is pretty straight forward to use.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
>
> BTW: I tried to use an accented character in the comments field. That
> caused also a Python error. So I removed it again.
> I wanted to write 'On Internet2 & GÉANT2' and now I only wrote 'On
> Internet2 & GEANT' without accent on the E. That works.

All the database fields are SQLObject Strings.  Should probably be
Unicode fields instead?  I'll look into that.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch