puppet and external hosts

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 16:48:06 UTC 2007

Right now I'm setting up the torrent box to use puppet.  In order to do
this puppet needs access to lockbox.  In order to do this I've decided
it best to use ssh forwarding.  We've talked about VPNs in the past, and
we can discuss it again in the future.  For the time being, however, I
think I'd prefer to be more surgical.

Can anyone think of any issues with doing this?  We've never actually
made this link before with external hosts, even the fas integration uses
a public facing website to wget the info we need.

    -Mike