Multiple CLA Implementation

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:46:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 12:16 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2007 15:55:15 Warren Togami wrote:
> >> 4) Later give RH GIS access, so they can make it part of their standard
> >> "new employee" or "remove employee" process.
> >>
> >> See any problems in this?  Please comment.
> >
> > Surely being hired by Red Hat doesn't grant an immediate Fedora account?  Is
> > GIS going to be pre-creating Fedora accounts for every new RH hire?  Removing
> > I can see sure, but adding I'm leery of.
>
> Oops, I didn't mean GIS handle the adding part, only removal.

And the account is being added as a member of cla_done rather than
cvsextras, cvsdocs, etc.  So it's really stating that you've cleared the
legal hurdles to be a contributor, not that you're actually a member of
any of the groups that will take your work.

Of course, there are some things that have been discussed in the past
hinging on cla_done (voting for the Fedora Board, for instance) that
will need to depend on something else if this is implemented.  I'm not
aware of anything that's actually in production, however.

-Toshio