Reminder of change freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 14:03:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:24:18 -0500
Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> Right now it is set for one week before release day, what time line
> would you prefer?

I'd say align it with the final freeze date of the release.  That's the
critical few weeks where we bugfix all the remaining stuff, get release
candidates out and the final tree synced to the mirror.  Any delays
during those weeks can have disastrous results regarding the ship
date.  One week before release day is actually mostly quiet time,
letting the mirrors pick up the bits and maybe doing the first set of
updates push for the new release.

--
Jesse Keating