wiki madness

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:15:11 UTC 2007

Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
>> Option 1: Continue to work with Moin
>> Disadvantages:
>> - Upstream seems uncooperative
>
> I wouldn't actually say so. The thing is, they have quite a small core team
> who have been working for quite a while to get 1.6 released. They just don't
> have the manpower at this point to fix our issues, especially when a lot of
> Moin users never face the same problems our wiki has.
>
> In my experience they are cooperative and interested - they have for example
> offered ideas and possible solutions to the subscription problem - but if we
> want fixes soon, we need to do them ourselves.

Have you successfully gotten patches applied?  My impression has been
that they are very willing to talk about our problems but not been very
open to our approaches to fixing them.  It could be a misperception or
miscommunication but the project seems very cathedral-ish with the
unfortunate addition that the dev team isn't focused on large sites and
therefore has suboptimal solutions in mind for our problems.

-Toshio