Bad drive on app4

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 22:24:43 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> We've got a bad drive on app4, this box is scheduled to be removed
> soon but hasn't been yet and, is not under warranty.  I consider this
> to be of emergency in importance, and I will be finding a different
> location to build app4 immediately.  Getting the new app server up is
> of medium risk but not having it up for tomorrow is of HIGH risk as it
> would cause all mirror traffic to go through app3, and only app3.
>
>    -Mike

Ok, the new app4 is up and on xen4.  xenbuilder2 is no more (we'll bring
it back after the release).  We hit a strange puppet bug we've never
seen before.  We are still hitting this bug, as a result to do a manual
run on puppet1 you must run:

puppetd -t --server=puppet1.fedora.phx.redhat.com

For some reason app4 does not work with puppet1 like the rest of the
hosts.  There's a certificate error of some kind.  The good news is that
we now have way more capacity for app4 now then we did on the i386 box
it was on.

    -Mike