Fedora 9 - A release preview

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 21:35:54 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 15:03 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> 8) Move hosted out of PHX and on to new server beach systems.  This will
>> likely include creating a new "hosted" group.
>>

> Somewhat related is that it'd be good to build up new machines per-SCM
> as opposed to the current fun with chroots on cvs.fedoraproject.org.  I
> should get back to the work I started for replacing
> git.fedoraproject.org as a first one to tackle

That's something worth talking about.  As it is we run hg, mercurial and
git in the same chroot (we're not looking to go with another chroot) but
I think we could just run it on the machine, there's a script + ssh_key
setup in those chroots for security.  I think they'd be just as
affective out of a chroot on the hosted boxes.  I also wouldn't mind
moving the locations from:

git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/hosted/fedora-infrastructure.git/
git://git.fedoraproject.org/fedora-infrastructure.git/