Updated hostedreposync proposal

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:23:04 UTC 2007

Paulo Santos wrote:
> +1 from me also, but i still have an issue/doubt.
>
> One of the steps while creating a new hosted project, is the repo
> creation, in cvs-int to which I (and dont know about Ricky) still
> can't do. And without it there isn't much i can help with. If i'm not
> mistaken, after the CVS box is rebuilt this problem will be taken care
> of correct ?

We should be able to create a new group to shepherd hosted at that time,
yes.  Currently, with hosted and the packaging repository on the same
server we have to regulate access to it more tightly.

Ricky happened to be on IRC at the right time so he got the ability to
log into cvs-int and filesystem acls were setup to allow him to access
the hosted repos but not the package repo.  Since the new hosted box is
imminent I'd like to wait for that and set you up via a sysadmin-hosted
FAS group that gives you the needed permissions but if something delays
it we'll need to do the same thing for you.

-Toshio