Proposal: Rename cvsextras to packager

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 00:42:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:44:40 -0400
Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> At F8 development freeze when mass CVS branching is happening,
> everyone will have to stop working on packages for a short while.
> During this time we should also rename cvsextras to packager.  This
> should reduce overall confusion.
>
> We will need to prepare the necessary changes to infrastructure
> scripts to handle this transition.  Toshio has agreed to lead script
> prep for this change.
>
> Any objections?

I would want to make this at the same time we make other sweeping
changes, like renaming devel to rawhide in bugzilla, renaming the
directory on the filesystem from 'development' to 'rawhide',
potentially changing how we do test releases (and how many we do),
etc..  Lets try to all get in agreement with all the things we're going
to do and them execute them once for a spike in confusion rather than a
continual rollercoaster.

The rel-eng meetings nearing the end of F8 should be the best place for
such things, combined with FESCo meetings.

--
Jesse Keating