Storage woes... again

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Oct 12 14:33:09 UTC 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 9:18:13 am Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> Mike,
>
> > Right now we're storing our stuff on some pretty quick netapps, which
> > stinks considering that koji is only accessing a small percentage of
> > that storage at any point in time and even then... its over NFS.  I'd
> > like to propose we move to cheaper storage that is dedicated to just
> > koji.  There are a number of options to do this, including different
> > models of netapps.  I'm putting a spreadsheet together that takes in to
> > consideration price, how much we get and figures out how much it costs /
> > G / month over a 4 year period.  If you guys know of anything to add to
> > the list just let me know.
>
> I'm a big Netapp fan. It's expensive, but really blazing fast and has a
> lot of very nice features. But, it's not for cheap mass storage.
>
> Have you looked at Coraid Etherdrive? They also have a NAS Gateway to go
> with it.
I use Coraid at work http://www.coraid.com  its fairly cheap  List price on a
shelf is USD$5000 each shelf holds 15 sata drives.   you could use there nas
gateway.  however fedora has all the tools in to distro to connect and manage
the shelves  they use the aoe module in the kernel.  we could cluster koji
and use GFS on the backend.

Dennis