Moin and notifications

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 21:26:57 UTC 2007

Till Maas wrote:
> On Di Oktober 16 2007, Mike McGrath wrote:
>

>> Proposal:  Disable notifications in Moin
>>
>> Reason: Even page creations at this point are not working for some people.
>>

> How about a Wiki-Notification mailinglist, i.e. sending notifications only to
> one fixed address. Then add some topics to the mailinglist, e.g. for the
> SIGs, Packaging, Beats and other main namespaces to allow a little selection.

It'd require patches to moin.  IE: We'd either have to get rid of all of
the users or gut the mailing section of the wiki I guess.  Just a
reminder to those that aren't familiar with it.  Moin iterates over
every user who has page watch lists (currently in the thousands) to find
out who to notify.  As the number of our users increases and as the
number of the pages they watch increase moin gets slower and slower on
page saves.

    -Mike