Moin and notifications

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 17 05:07:13 UTC 2007

On 17.10.2007 03:05, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> seth vidal wrote:
>>> moin
>> What would be the replacement? I watch all wiki changes and make
>> corrections quite often. It would be nice if we can figure out a way
>> to make moin go faster without cutting down notifications altogether.

I'm watching all the wiki changes as well and I would really miss them.
Thus a loud "-1" from me to the idea to remove them

BTW, I often told contributers to subscribe to areas in the wiki (e.g.
like "EPEL/.*") to follow the happenings in EPEL land. A few did that.

> This is the best I came up with -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RecentChanges?action=rss_rc&ddiffs=1&unique=1

Not sufficient for my use case.

Now: just take a look at my wiki folder in thunderbird, click on the
interested messages and I can see the diff;

With that: I just see what pages were added (often without a changelog).
Thus I have to open all the interesting pages (20 or more each day) my
clicking on the link, switching to my browser, wait for it to load, ...

A mailing list that gets all the commits to the wiki would be fine for
me, so that idea gets a "+1" from me.

CU
knurd