Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO downloads

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Tue Sep 4 14:03:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 08:32:30PM -0500, Anthony Bryan wrote:

> > > Have you had a chance to look over Ruben's additions? Any feedback? He
> > > said he re-licensed it to line up w/ mirrormanager. Any ideas/comments
> > > for features in Metalink that could be of use to Fedora?
> >
> > Yes, I took a quick look; I'll be able to do something with this, but
> > not for the next 4 weeks, as I'm out of the office moving houses and
> > on vacation, then catching up on real work. :-)
>
> checking in after 10 wks :) Will what Ruben submitted be usable?

First, I apologize for over-estimating how much time I would have to
work on MirrorManager in the last few weeks.  $DAYJOB and personal
responsibilities have overwhelmed my time.

I spent a few hours on the plane Sunday thinking about MM and where
it's at, even worked on a little code.  See my writeup over on
fedora-infrastructure-list.
 http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-September/msg00005.html

Short story is, I probably won't get any metalink enablement done
before the F8 launch, but I can participate in discussions of ideas
for where to integrate it in, and can review patches.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch