Trying to recreate Fedora 7 Everything structure

Imtiaz Rahi imtiaz.rahi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 20:33:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

Hope I asking question at the right place.

I want to re-spin Fedora 7 with updated packages with revisor.
So, I am creating a "fedora" and "updates" repository.
My updates repo is fine. I am running into issues with the fedora everything
repo (
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/
).
For that I am trying to recreate the structure with whatever downloaded
packages I have.

Every time I run createrepo the primary.xml generates lines like this; e.g.
<location href="ConsoleKit-0.2.1-2.fc7.i386.rpm"/>
I am in /disk/repository/fedora/7/i386/. My current command for createrepo
is
$ createrepo -pd -g /disk/repository/fedora/7/i386/repodata/comps-f7.xml -o
./ Fedora/

And my directory structure look like this
fedora/7/i386]$ ls -CF
Fedora/     isolinux/                      RPM-GPG-KEY
RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test
fedora.css  README-BURNING-ISOS-en_US.txt  RPM-GPG-KEY-beta
RPM-GPG-KEY-rawhide
GPL         RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html       RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
stylesheet-images/
images/     repodata/                      RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-rawhide
TRANS.TBL

All the rpms are in Fedora directory.
And I know from previous experience installation will fail as yum will look
for the RPM in "fedora/7/i386/" whereas they are in "fedora/7/i386/Fedora"

Also from the DVD's primary.xml and
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/7/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz
I can see the file location looks like this; e.g. <location href="Fedora/
ConsoleKit-0.2.1-2.fc7.i386.rpm"/>

How can I make my primary.xml file look like the one in get in CD/DVD?
Please help me here. Give me some pointer. What I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Imtiaz