Change freeze request: Fix invalid login pages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:23:05 UTC 2008

When I built the last python-fedora, I built the package in my working
tree instead of making a fresh branch.  This means the python-fedora
package I deployed on Friday has some incompatible changes that weren't
meant to go in until the next release.  This is leading people to get an
internal server error when they try to login with an invalid
username/password.

There's two options: spin a new package based off the actual
python-fedora-0.2.99.8.  The diff for that would look like
bzr-0.2.99.8-current.patch.

The alternative is to only fix the problem that we know we're having
with BaseClient.  The patch for that is quite a bit smaller:  it's just
a few lines to change exception handling in fas2.py and
jsonfasprovider.py to use the new exception hierarchy in BaseClient.

Risk for option #1: we have had the new python-fedora deployed since
Friday and this is the only problem reported so far.  The patch is
bigger than for option #2 and thus there's more room for unexpected
problems.

Risk for option #2: We definitely do not want to push this package out
to the other servers as it's likely to break error handling in clients
because of the new exception hierarchy.  Since we're in change freeze
we're not likely to do that for a while.

I'm inclined for option #2.  What do others think?

-Toshio