FAS password reset mail not arriving

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Tue Aug 19 08:44:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 11:29 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as per the mailed instructions I submitted a password reset by
> entering account & mail into the FAS web portal. But I never received
> the mail with the URL reset.
I just noted this in the topic of #fedora-admin.  Due to having
thousands of accounts in FAS we have to be careful that we don't flood
the pipes too much.  As a result our mail queue is VERY full at the
moment, and password reset e-mails are getting tacked onto the end.

You will get your password reset e-mail, I assure you (I see plenty of
them in the queue), if you get multiple, only the last reset e-mail will
work.

We really apologize for this, but there is a fine art in getting e-mail
servers sending at the right pace, and we don't want Google etc to start
thinking we only exist to spam people.

- Nigel
--
Nigel Jones <dev at nigelj.com>