FAS password reset mail not arriving

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 14:56:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:
> Good point, but yeah, not really that good to flood the pipes.

Yeah, this was by far the most email we've sent at a single time.  we've
got over 11,000 accounts in FAS now.  Sounds like we need to look at our
smtp setup.  Verify for sure how many emails we can send at a time.  Then
make sure our mass mailing scripts can do that.

Also, the the host that our smtp server is on is... very busy right now,
db servers ,app servers, etc are all on there while we're getting stuff
back online :)  Even with all that stuff going on I'm amazed at how
responsive everything is and how low the load generally is.

	-Mike