buildgroups directory vanished from http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org ?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Aug 24 01:21:52 UTC 2008

On 08/24/2008 03:59 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>

>>    While trying to test build a program for EL-5, mock bails out with:
>>
>> INFO: Results and/or logs in: /var/lib/mock//epel-5-x86_64/result
>> ERROR: Command failed:
>> # /usr/bin/yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/epel-5-x86_64/root/  install
>> buildsys-build
>> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
>> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>> Trying other mirror.
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
>> groups. Please verify its path and try again
>>

>>    It looks like the buildgroups does not exist any more. Could someone
>> please fix it (or tell me what to use instead, if it's gone for good) ?
>>

> Unlike some of our other servers the buildsys server was considered legacy
> only waiting until we could move EPEL to koji.  Its rebuild hasn't been as
> clean as some of our more modern installs.  We're still shaking some bugs
> out of it.  I'll take a look at this.
Thanks for looking at this. Until there is a fix, any chance to have the
actual content that existed below /buildgroups be made available for
download, please  ? I could just replicate it on a local server and do
local mock builds. I am most interested in EL-4/5 and Fedora >=6 (yes, I
do know Fedora < 8 is considered legacy )