Puppet help - group membership on specific host

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 13:59:01 UTC 2008

I need a puppet trick.  We have a shared user, masher, that has write
access to the mash/ directory on the koji store (but not the packages!).
This user currently exists on nfs1 and releng2.  On releng2 the user is
used to run the rawhide creation cron, which involves running mock.  To
run mock, the user must be in the 'mock' group.  However this group
(which comes from the mock package) doesn't exist on nfs1 and we'd like
to keep it that way.

So, I need a way in puppet to express that the 'masher' user on releng2
needs to be in the mock group, but only on releng2.

Any thoughts/examples?  This is probably one of those "puppet tricks" we
should have in a wiki somewhere.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!