Introductions

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:13:44 UTC 2008

Mike Watters wrote:
> Hello,
> I have applied to the sysadmin group and would like to give you an
> overview my experience.
>
> I have been a systems admin or security analyst for 12 years at 3 major
> worldwide (US based) companies.  the majority of the time I was a
> systems admin for Solaris, AIX
> I did about 2years of admin work for SGI and HPUX boxes.  I did 2 years
> of security analyst for Solaris, AIX and RHEL. I have been using Fedora
> from  Fedora 7 release.  I am proficient in Perl, bash, ksh scripting.
> I am competent with C, C++ and Java ( I prefer C )  I am looking to
> learn Python.
>
> My programming/scripting is almost all CLI apps.  I did some TCL/TK
> stuff long ago.
> I am learning GTK and Glade in my free time. using libglade and C.
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the Sysadmin group
>
> Please let me know if you would like any further info.
>
> personal info.  I have been married for 9 years and have 3 children, 2
> boys 7 and 5 and 1 girl 18mo.  I shoot pool on an APA league one night a
> week,  I took the summer off to get some projects done around the
> house.  I look to start again in a couple of weeks for the Fall session.
> I am a SL 5 in the APA.  the ratings are from 2 ( extreme  novice )  to
> 7 ( break and run 3 or more of 10 racks )

Hi Mike,  are you interested in continuing to learn python?  If so, I
have a bunch of projects that you can help out with from command line
apps to TurboGears web applications.

If you're on IRC, you can ping me on irc.freenode.net #fedora-admin
abadger1999 and let me know what you might be interested in.

-Toshio