upgrading puppet

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Dec 8 17:10:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I'm going to do our puppet upgrade today, it may start to fail on some
> boxes while I'm in the process.

Side note - Changelog (below) includes some fixes for selinux.  This is
great!  But it causes runs to take a very long time.  From 60s to 160s.
So we have some decisions to make.  We can continue to upgrade to 24.6.
Or we can wait for 24.7 to come out (this issue is already fixed in head).

I see pros and cons in both directions and I don't mind waiting longer for
a while for puppet runs but I thought I'd ask the rest of you.  What do
you think?

	-Mike

========= Change Log ==========

0.24.6
    Adding support to the user type for: profiles, auths, project,
    key/value pairs (extension to Solaris RBAC support added in
    0.24.6)

    Fixed #1662 - Configuration Reference still references 'section'

    Fixed #1460 - enhance redhat puppetmaster init.d script to easy start
puppetmaster as a mongrel cluster

    Fixed #1663 - Regression relating to facter fact naming from 0.24.5

    Fixed #1655 - Provider::Confine::Variable tests are broken

    Fixed #1646 - service puppet status does not work as non-root
    on redhat system

    Fixed #1649 - Updated OSX package cleanup