Custom planets / Fedora Art

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Dec 15 07:11:28 UTC 2008

Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>
>> I maintain a planet server elsewhere, it is very easy to have custom
>> planets running on the same install of planet. You just spin off a new
>> planet .ini file and matching template file.

But the best feature of our Planet is that it is self-serviced, with the
users adding/editing themselves. Otherwise I could run it on my own
server and maybe push it to fedorapeople.

> the template system for the .planet files I wrote allows for a user to
> make a .planet.something file and put the same or other info in it. Then
> another planet cronjob needs to be put in place passing that 'something'
> extension to it so it will look at those files and not the .planet files.
>
> That's it.

This is what I remember and why I asked, here is my ticket:

I also see a ticket for a pt_BR planet open for some months already: