Introduction - Ronald McCormick

Ronald A. McCormick Jr. ramccor at pluribus.org
Fri Dec 19 02:58:59 UTC 2008

Hello all, I figured I would drop a line and introduce myself.  I have
been a linux user since the TAMU 0.12 distro days and a Redhat user
since the Redhat 4 days.  I am a Network and Systems Engineer who has
worked looking to contribute where I can.

I have experience administering and engineering distributed computing
clusters in a real-time environment.   I was responsible for creating a
custom distribution for use in an embedded product for my company.

I am pretty good at hacking bash and php which I use to automate most
tasks.  You can consider me a generalist looking to get more involved.

In past lives, I have done system engineering for an MMO game.  I have
engineered cable modem networks, and worked on the architecture team of
a large corporate distributed computing environment.

I currently support an MMO game client on multiple platforms. (I did the
port to two of the three supported platforms)  I also do network
engineering on a Tollway in my state.