Trac creating new ticket from webform

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 05:39:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 9:59 PM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone please let me know What will be the best way to do this,
>
> I want this form
> http://susmit.fedorapeople.org/freemedia/FreeMedia-open.html
>
> to create a new ticket here when submitted
> https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/newticket
>
> I was searching for some plugin but till now haven't found any.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Susmit.

Susmit,

Is this trac instance is for actually tracking these requests or if it
is for tracking the development of the software to track the requests?

If it is the former, I'd like to suggest the following.

The Fedora Ambassadors North America just implemented a trac instance
to handle requests for resources (media, t-shirts, etc.).  We have our
trac instance at https://fedorahosted.org/famnarequests.  When we
created this, we had a similar set of requirements in mind.

I believe what you are asking for is likely not available in trac
since it's more or less a bug tracker.  However, I have found that it
still works well for what you want it to do.  With famnarequests, we
modified the type to include multiple types of request (Media,
AmbassadorKit, tshirt and so on), and we used the component for the
region of NA the requestor was located.

So for your instance, I would suggest something like this:

Ticket Types: i386 Live, i386 DVD, x86_64 Live, x86_64 DVD, etc.
Version: Fedora 9, Fedora 10, etc.

To be honest, the other three pieces of information you wish to gather
can easily be placed in the description field.  And I think most
requestors can figure this out.

Let me know what you think as I am liking the trac instance we set up.

Cheers,

Clint