Moin 1.6

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 19:35:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> 2008/2/8 Paulo Santos <paulo.banon at googlemail.com>:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > This is purely a test instance, to prepare the actual procedure of the live
> > upgrade.
> >

> Are the steps that it took to get the step instance into place written
> somewhere? 1) in case it needs to be done again, and 2) to help others
> who will be doing similar upgrades in the future. I can try to make
> them pretty on Saturday if needed.

Well, in our case it turned out that we had a lot of bad data in our wiki
(its almost 2G of data now) and the upgrade scripts were failing.  I
needed to basically add a few debugging lines to the moin conversion
script and search for the text where each bit failed and fix our data
files by hand.

I also had to download a meta file that was supposed to exist in our
install but, for whatever reason, did not. Other then those steps I just
followed the README.migrate that came with the RPM.

	-Mike