Self Introduction

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 14:23:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Jared Smith wrote:

> Hi!  I'm Jared Smith, and I'm finally getting around to introducing
> myself.  I've been a long-time lurker on the IRC channel and the mailing
> list.
>
> OK, so what do you need to know about me?  Let's see... I've been using
> Linux professionally for about ten years now, and was using various
> flavors of UNIX before that.  I managed over 6500 Linux boxes at a
> previous employer, and racked a fair number of those myself.  I've
> pretty much "been there, done that, and still have the scars to prove
> it" when it comes to managing IT infrastructure and data centers.
>
> I'm also big into VoIP (and even co-authored an O'Reilly book on
> Asterisk), so I'm hoping to help out jcollie and mmcgrath in that area
> as well.  I'm currently working for Digium (the company behind Asterisk)
> as their Community Relations Manager and lead trainer.
>
> I've also done quite a bit of database work (mostly PostgreSQL) and some
> programming in various languages.
>
> Anyhoo, enough about me...

Welcome Jared, its nice to see you hanging around more and it was good to
see you at FUDCon.  If you didn't already know we have weekly meetings:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

We'd talked about re-scheduling them but no decision was made on that so,
for right now at least, that still stands.

	-Mike