Request to remove infofeed

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:29:35 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, seth vidal wrote:

>>> Instead of storing this information in the bodhi db is there somewhere
>>> else we can get it from?  Koji or pkgdb for example.
>> we have it in the repodata. Which is where the infofeed gets it from :)
>
> Thats kind of my point actually I know koji stores a lot of this
> information in it's database even though the rpms themselves have the
> information.  I'd hate to continue to duplicate information that we're
> already storing all over the place unless there's a real need for it.

+1

The packagedb uses information from the repodata as well.  ATM I'm using
some yum functions to download the repodata and create sqlite databases
from it.  Then using python-sqlalchemy to grab relevant information from
the sqlite dbs.

Relevant files are::
  yumrepo.py:   http://tinyurl.com/2rvtx4
  script that syncs package description and summary with repodata:
http://tinyurl.com/2kb75g

-Toshio