Meeting Log - 2008-01-24

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 24 20:30:29 UTC 2008

15:01 -!- mmcgrath changed the topic of #fedora-meeting to: Infrastructure -- Who's here
15:01  * lmacken
15:02  * iWolf
15:02  * abadger1999 here
15:02  * EvilBob
15:02  * nirik is in the peanut gallery
15:03 -!- kital [n=Joerg_Si at fedora/kital] has quit Remote closed the connection
15:04 -!- kital [n=Joerg_Si at port-87-234-46-98.static.qsc.de] has joined #fedora-meeting
15:04 < mmcgrath> alrighty, lets get started
15:04 -!- mmcgrath changed the topic of #fedora-meeting to: Infrastructure -- Tickets
15:04 < mmcgrath> .tiny https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=milestone&keywords=%7EMeeting&order=priority
15:04 < zodbot> mmcgrath: http://tinyurl.com/2hyyz6
15:05 < f13> howdy
15:05 < mmcgrath> .ticket 347
15:05 < zodbot> mmcgrath: #347 (Set localtime on all our servers to UTC) - Fedora Infrastructure - Trac - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/347
15:05  * yingbull here too, btw.
15:05 < mmcgrath> So we've got servers all over the place now, it'd probably be wise to set them all to a single time and the only one that makes sense is UTC.
15:05 < mmcgrath> I'm generall for this change though worry about exactly how / when it will happen.
15:05 < mmcgrath> Anyone against / for or have other comments about this?
15:06 < iWolf> I think its a wise move, especially as the servers get more spread out.
15:06 < f13> doing that during the outage makes sense
15:06 < f13> if that hasn't already been suggested
15:07 < lmacken> +1
15:07 < mmcgrath> its only an outage for the db and the buildsys, none of the other servers are covered.
15:07 < mmcgrath> which isn't to say it can't be done, just not something we've looked at.
15:07 < f13> mmcgrath: true.  And if we approve this change, we should probably give more than a few hours notice to cron job owners
15:07 -!- ChitleshGoorah [n=chitlesh at 77.206.229.202] has joined #fedora-meeting
15:08 < mmcgrath> I'll send a note to the list and say we'll do it in a week.
15:08 < mmcgrath> I can't think of any cron jobs that would really cause any harm by this, maybe koji gc.
15:08 < mmcgrath> anyone have anything else on that?
15:09 < yingbull> sounds good to me.
15:09 < mmcgrath> .tiny 192
15:09 < zodbot> mmcgrath: Error: '192' is not a valid url.
15:09 < mmcgrath> .ticket 192
15:09 < zodbot> mmcgrath: #192 (Netapp low on free space) - Fedora Infrastructure - Trac - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/192
15:09 < mmcgrath> So thats supposed to get done tonight if all goes well.
15:10 < mmcgrath> It takes about 4 hours for the actual rsync to complete.
15:10 < mmcgrath> This should be a pretty straight forward change.  During the outage though we'll be making some changes to the db as well.
15:10 < mmcgrath> abadger1999: will you be around for that?
15:10 < abadger1999> Yep.
15:10 < mmcgrath> solid.
15:11 < mmcgrath> anyone have any questions on that?
15:11  * dgilmore is here
15:11 < mmcgrath> dgilmore: word
15:12 < mmcgrath> .ticket 270
15:12 < zodbot> mmcgrath: #270 (Fedora Wiki allows editing raw HTML) - Fedora Infrastructure - Trac - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/270
15:12 < mmcgrath> paulobanon: ping
15:12 < mmcgrath> ricky: ping
15:12 < mmcgrath> any word on that?
15:12 < mmcgrath> this seems like it will be easier to do then we thought since the docs guys aren't really using it.
15:12 < dgilmore> i say pull it
15:12 < mmcgrath> <nod>
15:13 < mmcgrath> paulobanon and ricky were supposed to be working on that but I don't see them
15:13 < mmcgrath> we can go back to that.
15:14 < mmcgrath> .ticket 302
15:14 < zodbot> mmcgrath: #302 (Moin patches) - Fedora Infrastructure - Trac - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/302
15:14  * mmcgrath tries to summon MrBawb
15:14 < dgilmore> ive not heard anything on this for quite some time
15:15 < mmcgrath> well its kind of been on hold for the Moin 1.6 upgrade.
15:15 < mmcgrath> I never heard back from the packager about it.  We'll probably have to put somethig in EPEL.
15:15 < dgilmore> we may need to just do it
15:16 < mmcgrath> err we'll probably have to put something in the infrastructure repo.
15:16 < mmcgrath> alrighty, thats the rest of the tickets.
15:16 < f13> mmcgrath: can you ping me 1 hour before the outage to disable all the builders?
15:16 -!- giallu [n=giallu at 81-174-9-209.dynamic.ngi.it] has joined #fedora-meeting
15:16 < mmcgrath> f13: sure, or I can if you're not around.
15:17 -!- mmcgrath changed the topic of #fedora-meeting to: Infrastructure -- Schedule
15:17 < mmcgrath> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Schedule
15:17 < f13> mmcgrath: we'll have a higher chance of all the builds being done by the outage if we do that first, then we can disable koji itself, and once we bring it back up it'll pick up the submitted jobs
15:17 < mmcgrath> <nod>
15:17 -!- wolfy [n=lonewolf at fedora/wolfy] has joined #fedora-meeting
15:18 < mmcgrath> Nothing new on corporate sponsors though I've been talking with ctylor a bit which could be fruitful.
15:18 < mmcgrath> I need to get back to our german colo, we should have a block of 16 IP's coming our way.
15:18 < mmcgrath> I've added a bit more in terms of architectural documentation, nothing ground breaking though.
15:18 < mmcgrath> No new SOP's this week.
15:19 < mmcgrath> And no new sponsors though yingbull is now in web, we're just making sure he's all setup
15:19 < mmcgrath> yingbull: how's all that going?
15:19 < dgilmore> i need to put together some proposals
15:19 < mmcgrath> dgilmore: for what?
15:19 < yingbull> yingbull: I think I should be good now.  I'm task oriented: throw me something to start with and I'll run with it.
15:20 < dgilmore> one to OSUOSL for hosting and one to Dell for hardware.  to have a primary mirror for all secondary arches
15:20 < yingbull> err, mmcgrath. bah.
15:20  * yingbull needs more coffee today.
15:20 < mmcgrath> yingbull: k, meet with me after the meeting, I've got a few tasks.
15:20 -!- JSchmitt [n=s4504kr at fedora/JSchmitt] has quit "Konversation terminated!"
15:20 < yingbull> sounds good.
15:21 < mmcgrath> dgilmore: I've been probing a bit about secondary arch stuff.  We need to find a mirror with both Inet1 and Inet2 right?
15:21 < dgilmore> mmcgrath: ideally yes  which osuosl has
15:22 < mmcgrath> dgilmore: excellent, let me know if you want some help with that.
15:22 < dgilmore> mmcgrath: mostly its just time.  Ive informally spoken with them  and need to put something formal forward
15:23 < mmcgrath> <nod>
15:23 < mmcgrath> thats good to hear.
15:23 < mmcgrath> dgilmore: anything else on that?  if not I'll open the floor.
15:23  * ricky appears.
15:23 < mmcgrath> ricky: howdy.
15:23 < EvilBob> If an outage happens and you are working to get things back up, feel free to ping me to handle incoming questions about what is going on and to change channel topics so our contributors know.
15:24 < EvilBob> I figure it is the least I can do
15:24 < mmcgrath> EvilBob: sure thing, I got real cranky last night.
15:24 < mmcgrath> ricky: whats the word on ticket 270?
15:24 < mmcgrath> .ticket 270
15:24 < zodbot> mmcgrath: #270 (Fedora Wiki allows editing raw HTML) - Fedora Infrastructure - Trac - https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/270
15:25 < dgilmore> mmcgrath: nothing else.  just wanting to let people know im working on it
15:25 < mmcgrath> <nod>
15:25 < ricky> mmcgrath: Nothing yet, sorry - I've been pretty swamped, but I guess I'll have to concentrate more on FAS2 for the next while.
15:26 < mmcgrath> yeah, and FAS2 is the priority.
15:26 < mmcgrath> alrighty
15:26 -!- mmcgrath changed the topic of #fedora-meeting to: Infrastructure -- Open Floor
15:26 < mmcgrath> anyone have anything specific they'd like to discuss?
15:27  * mmcgrath doesn't have anything
15:28 < mmcgrath> alrighty.  we'll close th emeeting in 30
15:28 < mmcgrath> 10
15:29 -!- mmcgrath changed the topic of #fedora-meeting to: Meeting closed