Problem with @fedoraproject.org mail address

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Tue Jan 29 17:20:18 UTC 2008

> Does anybody know how SourceForge deal with that? I receive mail sent via
> @users.sf.net alias without any problem.

Perhaps your ISP made an exclusion for them?

I used to work at an ISP and quickly realized it was much more useful
to have SPF as a spam scoring contributor, rather than hard rejecting
email based on it.  Just caused more headaches than it was worth.

Definitely worth emailing your postmaster and asking if they'll either
update their SPF record or make this particular SPF failure a "soft
fail" instead of just throwing your mail away wholesale.

Ray