intro

Alex Shepard alex at meatfreezer.com
Sun Jul 6 04:11:46 UTC 2008

Hi all,

My name is Alex Shepard.  I've been lurking for a few weeks, but I'd
like to pitch in and help out if I can find something to work on.

I'm 33, work for a startup called Eye-Fi ih the US (in the bay area),
doing systems infrastructure and development.  I'm pretty good at
generic linux web sysadmin stuff, network engineering, systems
monitoring (esp nagios & cacti).  I'm also a halfway decent coder...
I'm pretty good with perl, php, java, javascript, and can read c and
variants and python.

I wouldn't mind helping out really anywhere.  My strengths are
probably in web/hosted/tools/devel, but if I had to pick I'm mostly
curious about how the FC team manages releases, so sysadmin-releng and
sysadmin-build sound like fun.

I'll try to drop in at the next irc meeting and say hi.

Cheers!
-alex