YUM security issues...

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Jul 25 19:06:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:52:26PM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
> That's a lot of IPs though.  Can I request multiple /16s, or only one?

As many as you like.  And recall, such changes are made using your FAS
credentials.

> How many mirrors are doing this?

374 total Hosts
185 have at least 1 netblock entry
94 of these are "private" - don't serve the public

> Does the mirror have to be part of the /16 to request it?

no.  Take for example Dell's mirrors.  Netblock 143.166/16 is Dell US,
but the mirror IPs are located inside the 10/8 private space.

> Thanks for the patience here.  I'm trying to understand the risk we're
> dealing with.

I'm happy for the comments and review.  Keep it coming!

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux