Intro

Neo Reeves neo.reeves at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:39:59 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

My name is Mohamed Sameeh and I am one of the Fedora Ambassadors for
Maldives. I've been in the Linux World Since Redhat 9 and I've been in the
field of IT for over 5 years now. During the course I have administered
Linux Mail Servers, High Traffic Web Severs with MySQL and Oracle back ends,
Linux NAT Firewall/Routers. I have a good undersatanding of Internet and
Networking along with a handful of programming skills.

I am CompTIA Network+ and CCNA certified. And I currently work for the
government of Maldives.

I have programming skills in PHP, Perl, C and Shell Scripts. Here are links
to some of the scripts that I have written:

A simple script I wrote to backup a NAT/Firewall -
http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bacup.pl
Another script I wrote to get a dump of my telephone companies phone records
from their website -
http://blog.fourthirty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/edir.pl

I am fairly good with Visual Basic too in case some programming for Mono is
needed.

I often program small scripts for the servers I manage to perform specific
tasks. But I don't think that I am a pro at Programming or a master in
System Administration. But I would like to offer all help I could to the
Fedora Project as time and my knowledge permits me. I am eager to learn and
is always working on ways to improve my various skills in the IT field. So
if any of you think that I could be of assistance to you please let me know.
It would be an honor to give my best input in it.

Thnx,
Sameeh