Outage Notification - 2008-07-31 03:30 UTC to 2008-07-31 06:20 UTC

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Thu Jul 31 06:23:27 UTC 2008

An unplanned outage occurred as of approximately 2008-07-31 03:30 UTC
and is mostly resolved as of 2008-07-31 06:20 UTC

Affected Services where:
- Websites - Package DB, Mirror Manager Admin Interface, Bodhi, Translate
- Account System (FAS)
- Any other authenticated requests
- Buildsystem

Partial Outages:
- Hosted (Trac authentication)
- Wiki (Read Only, some pages may appear broken as well)

Unaffected Services:
- CVS / Source Control
- Database
- DNS
- Mail
- Torrent
- Fedora Talk

Reason for Outage:
Our main filer took a turn for the worst, and took down one of our main
database servers and other associated infrastructure.

We have now for the most part resolved the issue, and diagnostic work
has begun, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email
to track the status of this outage.

Regards,

Nigel Jones