[Fwd: Brief Comment: Delete user feature]

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Jun 7 15:37:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 11:19:57AM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-06-07 12:11:32 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > It would be nice to have some procedure to go about deleting these dummy
> > user accounts which will most probably never turn active.
> I'm not sure how painful deleting old accounts are, but we are currently
> working on the capability for users (and administrators) to mark an
> account as inactive (which would prevent it from being used anywhere
> unless its password is reset).  Right now, the main question is just how
> it will appear in the interface (vs. how things like fasClient will see
> it).

You also want to be sure any "deleted" account details get applied to
all systems that may have been accessed by said account.  Home dirs on
various Fedora machines, directory permissions on any files owned by
the now-deleted account, CVS ACLs, ...   it's non-trivial to do so
everywhere, but proper.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux