Introduction: Jeroen van Meeuwen

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Jun 21 19:20:38 UTC 2008

Hi there,

although I've been around in Fedora land for quite a while, lurking on
this list and in #fedora-admin (besides other lists and channels), it's
time for me to step up and do some work with you guys, The Great
Infrastructure Team!

The talk Mike McGrath has been giving today during FUDCon BarCamp,
regarding Community Services Infrastructure, inspired me that this is
something I can help with ;-) So, here's the officially required
introduction of /me, so you guys know who I am and where I come from.

My name is Jeroen van Meeuwen, aka kanarip, aka Dutch (as both the other
names are somewhat unpronounceable for some people), and I'm 24 years
old. I'm from the Netherlands (and proud of it), and I have done a
little something here and there within Fedora before. In short I'm a
developer of revisor, pyjigdo, a packager for several packages in Fedora
and EPEL, an Ambassador and advocate of Free and Open Source software,
the vice-president of Fedora EMEA[1], the composer of the Fedora Unity
Re-Spins[2], and I have a couple of things pending like the SUMS Update
Management System (SUMS), and puppetmanaged.org.

As far as my dayjob is concerned I'm a Senior Consultant, certified in
Linux, proprietary North American vendor crap and Cisco.

My plan for getting involved with the Infrastructure team is basically
two or three parts:

- CSI, for the greater good and because it'll be a huge help with
puppetmanaged.org,
- Puppet, for Fedora Infra obviously, but also CSI and again
puppetmanaged.org
- Nagios & maybe cacti just for kicks

Thank you so far for doing a great job and I look forward to work with
you all!

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip