Mailman list for triage - special requirements

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:47:08 UTC 2008

John Poelstra and I were just thinking about a mailing list for
watching incoming bugs.  Unfortunately, I don't know that there's the
right combination of checkboxes in Bugzilla to just get mail about new
bugs.  However, filtering based on mail header could get that - every
new bugmail that Bugzilla sends has a header of

The question is whether or not mailman is capable of filtering based
on arbitrary header values.  Note that this question doesn't mean
we'll actually do this, we're still mulling over whether or not it's
actually a good idea at all (and input on that front is welcomed
too!).  However, we want to know if it's technically possible or how
much effort would be needed to accommodate the request.

Thanks!
-Jon