Introduction - Jeremy Fluhmann

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:18:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Jeremy Fluhmann wrote:
>

> > My background is mainly in developing web-based management tools.  I'm a
> > Perl guy, so all of my stuff thus far has been Perl (along with the
> usual
> > XHTML, CSS, and JavaScript).  I've picked up a few Python books and have
> > been wanting to take on a project to help make me learn Python.  I've
> been
> > running Ubuntu on my $work desktop and laptop for a little over a year
> and
> > have previously worked with Fedora and Redhat systems at a previous job
> > (developing web applications).  I run a personal server at home and will
> > likely be switching it over to Fedora.
> >

> Welcom Jeremy, thanks for the introduction.  We've had a lot of
> introductions over the last week (such a good thing!)  Unfortunately I've
> been at pycon and am in training this week so I haven't been able to give
> much attention to anyone yet.  So for those of you that haven't really
> heard from me feel free to stop by #fedora-admin and bug someone in there
> for stuff to do.  https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ is also
> a good place to start.
>
> Jeremy, how is your web design abilities?  Do you have any work available
> we can look at?

I'm not too creative when it comes to the "look" of the layout, but I can
make it do what I need, usually.  Most of what I've worked on is internal
(how convenient, right?).  If you have an OpenID, you can try my OpenID
testing - http://www.fluhmann.org/openid_test.cgi.  If you have something
you'd like me to try and then show you, I could do that.

You can take a look at the Open Source Symposium site (
http://www.texasoss.org/), but it uses a CSS template from Andreas Viklund.
I took the template and created the rest of my site utilizing Template
Toolkit with Perl.  I 'do' have a page that's not linked anywhere on the
site that I made to keep up with a few e-mail contacts.  Feel free to add
yours ;-) - http://www.texasoss.org/contacts.cgi.  It uses XMLHttpRequest,
JSON, and some DOM manipulation.

Thanks,
Jeremy