Hosting Linux Fest Northwest Videos on torrent

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat May 3 16:57:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 12:35:25PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 10:33 -0400, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> >
> > My suggestion would be (if current resources allow for it - people and
> > hardware) that we start with hosting Fedora specific videos.  Use this
> > as a pilot program.  It is easier to justify as the content is
> > directly related to Fedora and acts as a natural filter for requests.
> > We can use this hosting experiment as a way to better "guesstimate"
> > what would need to be in place (disk space wise, etc) before offering
> > space for other conference videos.  Once we have a better idea of
> > space, bandwidth, etc. we can determine how to scale or if we should
> > scale to the larger offering.

+1.  This seems entirely reasonable, and in keeping with what we've
done in the past.  Torrent-only, as Jesse noted, is sufficient for
this purpose at this time.

> Fair, but maybe expanded a bit?  If a Fedora Ambassador went to an event
> and in the name of Fedora gave at least one (captured) talk, all
> captured talks of said event would be acceptable to host on Fedora
> infrastructure, should the resources of the day handle it, for a set
> time.

This isn't bad, but until we have a space estimate of available space
(remembering we're about to load F9 there too) I wouldn't want to
commit those resources to non-Fedora-specific content yet.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux