Something strange about mirrormanager!!!

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon May 12 17:00:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:08:09PM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> When I try this
>
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/x86_94&country=in
> (Please note the x86_94 not x86_64)
>
> It returns
>
> # path = pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/x86_94 country = IN
> ftp://mirror.wbut.ac.in/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/x86_94
>
> Of course I don't have any such directory :)

MM believes your 9/Everything/ directory is up-to-date, including all
file contents referred to in there, but the database only tracks your
content by directory, not by files in those directories.  A user would
get directed to this (incorrect) URL from MM, and your server would be
expected to return the "file not found" message.

MM knows that there is no such directory 9/Everything/x86_94, so it
expects you're asking for a file, and lets your side handle the "file
not found".

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux