A problem with Indian mirrors and mirrormanager.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:06:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

As you well know, here at India we are having low bandwidth mirrors.
To keep up the QoS, we need to restrict our number of connections.

I myself operate on ftp and usually, the limit is set to 45 concurrent
connections.

Now as mirrormanager automatically redirects the clicks at the
"get-fedora" link,
the requests from India usually get routed to these two mirrors.

As they are always operate at their limit, the user eventually gets a
response "error 421: too many connected users".
This usually happens over and over.

So, what can we do to redirect the requests to the next server in the
queue _if_ we are full?

Any suggestion?

--
Regards,