OpenID and CLA

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue May 27 03:18:31 UTC 2008

2008/5/26 Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:

> If we want to move our OpenID acceptance outside of Fedora's OpenID
> server, we'll have a blocker with the CLA.  AIUI, we need someone to
> knowingly accept the CLA and have that tied to a Real Name and email
> address in our database.  Right?

You don't have to limit the choices to "only accept Fedora OpenID
identities" or "allow any OpenID identity".  It should be possible to
limit out acceptance of OpenID identities to ones that have previously
been associated with a FAS account.  So before you could use your
Yahoo or MyOpenID identity to login to the Fedora Wiki you'd have to
log into FAS and register any other identities that you'd like to use.
 I don't know enough about the MediaWiki OpenID plugin to know if that
would be easy or hard to do.

Jeff