space for more storage?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun Nov 2 20:09:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Matt Domsch wrote:

> Given the discussion on FAB:
>
> If we had more storage, where (physically) could we put it?  Is there
> space in PHX?  If so, how much?

We're actually good on storage and more is coming soon.  The reason for
the FAB discussion is to prevent abuse and put procedures in place to
actually get $IDEA onto $STORAGE in a non-arbitrary way.

> There's no particular reason why space for hosting a boatload of
> remixes would need to be in PHX.  For bandwidth purposes, it would be
> good if it were elsewhere.
>
> I can try to drum up more sponsors, but want a coordinated plan for
> what we're asking for, and where it's going to go...

Thats worth looking into but I suspect by the end of Q4 we'll have a 10T
public mirror system.  At least thats the plan that is currently in
motion.

	-Mike