Introduction

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Thu Nov 13 14:27:14 UTC 2008

Hi all;

I've been a Fedora maintainer for nearly two years, and have been running
Fedora as my primary OS since RH7.1.  I've also been running servers for a
small business on it since RH9, as well as a local yum mirror.  In my
professional life, I maintain internal workstations and the associated
repos and mirrors for my employer, using a mix of RHEL and CentOS.

Why am I telling you this?  I've had a few tickets for infrastructure in
the past, mostly revolving around packages missing from mirrors, and while
these have invariably been resolved with high competence and
professionalism by Mr. Macken and Mr. Keating, I would love to see them
closed more quickly.

Since I'm acutely aware of the extreme fullness of the collective
Infrastructure plate (especially of late), and I initially became a Fedora
maintainer so I could stop bitching and start helping, I'd like to offer
my services on this sort of thing.

I'm not sure which FIGs to apply to, other than sysadmin, obviously.  If
this goes well, not only will I stop bitching and start helping on mirror
issues, but I'd be eager to take a crack at anything else in Trac that I
might be able to assist with.

Thanks,

Jon Ciesla

--