Introduction

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Thu Nov 13 17:26:53 UTC 2008

>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all;
>>>
>>> I've been a Fedora maintainer for nearly two years, and have been
>>> running
>>> Fedora as my primary OS since RH7.1.  I've also been running servers
>>> for
>>> small business on it since RH9, as well as a local yum mirror.  In my
>>> professional life, I maintain internal workstations and the associated
>>> repos and mirrors for my employer, using a mix of RHEL and CentOS.
>>>
>>> Why am I telling you this?  I've had a few tickets for infrastructure
>>> in
>>> the past, mostly revolving around packages missing from mirrors, and
>>> while
>>> these have invariably been resolved with high competence and
>>> professionalism by Mr. Macken and Mr. Keating, I would love to see them
>>> closed more quickly.
>>>
>>> Since I'm acutely aware of the extreme fullness of the collective
>>> Infrastructure plate (especially of late), and I initially became a
>>> Fedora
>>> maintainer so I could stop bitching and start helping, I'd like to
>>> offer
>>> my services on this sort of thing.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure which FIGs to apply to, other than sysadmin, obviously.
>>> If
>>> this goes well, not only will I stop bitching and start helping on
>>> mirror
>>> issues, but I'd be eager to take a crack at anything else in Trac that
>>> might be able to assist with.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>> Sure, have you applied for the sysadmin group already?  What is your
>> fedora username?
>
> Yes, immediately after sending this.  Username is limb.

Thanks.  So, after poking around, I'm still not sure which FIG I should be
looking at.  My best guesses are -cvs and -build, as I seem to recall this
being possibly a tagging problem.  Then again, Mr. Macken doesn't appear
to be in that group, but is in -releng.  Not sure if there's any
inheritance at play, and I'd like to avoid having access I don't need. :)