CIA integration

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Thu Oct 16 04:20:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 21:02 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> So I was going through some old tickets and stumbled across this:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/164
>
> I gave it a quick look over and I'm not against this integration but I'm
> generally apathetic about it.  So I ask if anyone here is interested
> enough to get it into Fedora.  I'm not sure if both the server and client
> versions are provided there but it looks like what is there is GPLv2.
>
> Thoughts?
I've been looking at it, here is my thoughts:

Fedora CVS:
* We'd gain visibility from having people see our commits to packages
* As such, we'd be able to show that we are active and not a pack of
dodos

Fedora Hosted:
* SVN: Scripts work natively and I'd really be interested in getting
this going for interested projects
* Git: Would require a bit more investigation, but it looks 'okay' and
possible - I'd be willing to do this
* HG: I recall even upstream do this

In my opinion, while there are no direct benefits, it does promote some
visibility for Fedora/Fedora Hosted/our hosted projects.

As such, I'd be willing to step up to the plate and do this.

N.B> They are just publicly available scripts, I see no benefit to
including such scripts as a separate package, especially as there are so
many different scripts for different VCS' the maintainability of such a
package would be just NUTS

--
Nigel Jones <dev at nigelj.com>