More puppet training!

Brett Lentz wakko666 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:09:29 UTC 2008

A script to be pushed to the clients, then executed, should be in the
directories declared by the fileserver directives (/var/lib/puppet/config, I
believe).

A script run on the server-side (e.g. an external node classifier, etc.)
should live in /usr/local/bin on the puppetmaster.

> what if its something needed on 2 systems that have different purposes
> should i create a new class?  or just add it to each of the two
> groups?.  but a shared group.  that kind of thing.

Yep. My rule of thumb tends to be to create purpose-specific classes, so
that any node or server group that needs singular bits can include or
inherit them (and override any conflicting values).

> Dennis

---Brett.